Saturday, January 21, 2023

My God! Leave A Message

 


One Sunday I was watching television, but during the day, my phone rang at least 15 times, my caller I.D. said it was the funeral home, but they did not leave a message on my answering machine, so I just thought it was a "spoof" number. 

Finally, they decided to leave a message on my answering machine, and told me that my brother's wife died, because of the delays, it was too late for me to make plans, to go to the funeral. they probably called me during the week, but I always let my answering machine pick up first, before I decide to pick up  via phone or not.

Most people got caller I. D's anymore, so I do not see why telemarketers even bother. No matter how many times they call, if I do not recognize the number, I will never pick up. 

Sometimes I get calls supposedly from the local hospital, if they do not leave a message, I just assume it is just another "spoof" number. I do not answer 'unknown calls' or 'unknown number' or calls without numbers.

Fortunately, I have a Patient Portal on my computer, tied to the local clinic and hospital, and it will list all my appointments. I can even make appointments on it, if I need to see the doctor, I just use the drop-down menus, first you choose your doctor, and see what days and time they are available via another drop-down menu, choose them and click on 'submit' I can even request prescriptions' refills. Saves a lot of time by not having to use the phone.

I do pick up the phone, if I recognize the voice while the answering machine is recording.

*I did have a phone, long time ago, that lets you assign different rings to different numbers for example: All my friends will have one ring tone, family a different ring tone, business (like hospitals) yet a different ring. When I did not hear any of the above three rings, I do not answer. (end)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. Pea Picker

  In a nursing home there is a man in a wheelchair who talks way too much. he talks and talk and he in never iight and he is racist, He stil...