Friday, December 16, 2022

Energy Assistance Auto-Enroll?


 Usually when a person enrolls for energy assistance, they have to bring: Their Social Security Card, Recent energy bill and proof of their income(s), either a bank statement, or social security award letter. Now with Auto-Enroll all it takes is a phone call, and that person doesn't even have to go to the energy assistance building.

I started to pay my energy bill via internet some time ago, they wanted me to go to paperless billing, I told them I couldn't because I need that paper bill to apply for my energy assistance, the energy assistance had had called me and ask me "Do you want to try auto-enroll?"  I replied yes, 

I guess they look at my energy bill on the internet, and got their information there, they don't need your password, the computers they're on are government computers. They ask me if I had move, which I haven't, then ask me for my income and if I get food stamps. etc.

Comparing what I said to comparing to their computers; they said everything matches and they sent the money to my energy company within 7 days. They had never asked me for my social security number ,through the phone, which is a good idea. Now I can go to paperless billing and save a few trees. :)

Another good thing about paying bills on-line, it might be 50 below zero  outside,and of course, no one wants to go out in it, a few clicks to a "secured" site "https" make sure that the "s" is there along with a locked padlock icon. Secured sites usually allow a person 20 minutes, between the company and the customer everyone else is block, until you're done. Close your browser for extra safety, the click browser again to continue with your searches. (end)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. Pea Picker

  In a nursing home there is a man in a wheelchair who talks way too much. he talks and talk and he in never iight and he is racist, He stil...