Monday, February 18, 2019

Olivia Newton-John

I heard news that Olivia's cancer is coming back and I also read that she is doing fine. Good news there.

I believe it was April 28, 1976 when there were advertisements that Olivia Newton-John was going to be performing at Terre Haute, Indiana, but there was one problem, back then I was working nights at a factory, I told the other workers (leaving the day time shift) "I wish I could see her concert" , my foreman told me I could talk to the boss and take a few personal days off.

 I saw Olivia performed. We never met , but I  was still breathing the same air as she was, and in the same room as she was; That was very cool  in itself and it made me very happy.

 In the 1980's I was writing fan letters and trying to get her autograph  I wrote to every movie studio and all the TV stations in California and New York, but according to the recent movie "Hopefully Devoted To You  (Delta Goodrem as Olivia)"  she had a stalker,  while watching the movie I felt  very selfish, she has problems of her own and here I am bothering everyone to get her autograph,  fortunately the stalker was caught and jailed.

I guess it was after the stalker got caught was when I got her autograph, not only that but a few weeks later Universal studios sent me a copy of her autographed picture.Once I got the autographs I made a promise not to write to her again, which I kept.

 I do follow her on Facebook and Twitter and retweet some of her stuff, but I never will reply to her; After all, a promise is a promise. That's just how I roll;  Just wish I can prove that I'm sincere.(end)
             click here for preview of Hopefully Devoted To You


No comments:

Post a Comment

That Sunday;That Spring

  Usually, when I fall down, on the floor, I can sometimes roll to my side, and lift myself up; But not this time, I had to use my life aler...